In partnership with the Maine Memory Network Maine Memory Network

Old Canada Road Historical Society

Ryerson School, Daggettville

Contributed by Old Canada Road Historical Society
MMN Item 19023 Item Details
Ryerson School, Daggettville
MMN Item 19023 Zoom

Description

The Ryerson School in Daggettville was built for the children of workers employed on the construction of Wyman Dam in Moscow. The school was constructed by Central Maine Power Company in 1929 with a capacity of about 160 pupils and was situated on a hill overlooking Nichols Bog.

It was named for Wilson H. Ryerson, construction superintendent of the Morton C. Tuttle Company, a firm employed in the construction of the dam.

View additional information about this item on the Maine Memory Network.